Java 8 Required for Client & Server
Getting the server to run couldn’t be easier!
- Copy the server archive to your Windows host or Linux host
- extract the archive
- if on Windows run “start.bat”, if on Linux run “altStart.sh“
If you want a better console experience and you are using Linux the following is of interest:
- make sure “screen” command is available, if not, install it for your system
- edit the “gameStart.sh” file at the top there variable= declarations, change them for your installation
- finally run “gameStart.sh start“, it’ll run the game in it’s own process and you won’t have to leave your ssh window open. You can get a list of running screens with “screen -ls” and you can resume a screen with “screen -r “.