This mod attempts to address the issue of portable storage in a balanced, fun, and aesthetically-pleasing manner.
It adds tiered backpack of backpacks (Basic, Iron, Gold, and Diamond), each of which can be upgraded from the previous tier to give more storage room as well as more upgrade points. These upgrade points can be used to apply a number of upgrades (over 20 different ones) to the backpack to improve it’s functionality. Specific information can be found in the spoilers below. Each backpack can be equipped, making it render on the player like in the picture above.
In addition, an extensive configuration file is included with this mod, allowing you to customize nearly every aspect of the mod if you feel as if my recipes/backpack sizes/default settings/etc. does not fit into your idea of balance.
Finally, I tried my best to make this mod efficient and thereby friendly to your computer, so performance should be a non-issue.
- NEI – Shows most recipes. Doesn’t show NBT specific crafting, so it doesn’t show that shapeless crafting with an upgrade can remove an upgrade if it is already applied, or other special conditions (i.e. you can’t have both a nesting upgrade and an advanced nesting upgrade on the same backpack).
- Version Checker Mod – Fully supported.
- Botania – The backpacks are an IBlockProvider, meaning they can supply items to the Rod of the Shifting Crust. Note that it currently doesn’t work with equipped backpacks due to API limitations.
- Inventory Tweaks – Fully supported.
- Thaumcraft – All of the items in the mod contain aspects.
- Open Blocks – If a player is hang-gliding the backpack will not be rendered.
- Ender Storage – You can right click ender-pouches inside my backpacks to open them directly.
- Should work with most every other mod as well.
- Note that mods that add custom models for armors may overlap a little with my backpack’s model. This is just visually annoying, and will not affect gameplay in any negative meaningful way. I may look into handling this better at some point in the future, but it is not a priority.