Quark is a fully modular mod with the objective of improving the vanilla gameplay experience. In other words, I would call it “what I would add if I was hired at mojang – the mod”. Modules can be turned off and all features can be turned off individually. Some even have more in-depth configs.
The following hierarchy is module > feature
- Dispensers Place Seeds
- Obsidian Pressure Plate (detects players only)
- Hardened/Stained Clay Tiles
- Reed Blocks
- Sandy Bricks
- Thatch Blocks
- Stone Bricks for the 1.8 worldgen stones
- Bark blocks (wood with the bark texture on all sides)
- Polished Stone (full sized block with the stone slab top texture on all sides)
- Carved Wood
- Stairs, slabs and walls for a bunch of vanilla blocks (see image)
- Lit Redstone Lamp
- Blaze Lantern
- Paper Walls
- Trapdoors for all types of wood (also makes trapdoor crafting make 6 rather than 2)
- New Banner patterns
- Dragon (Dragon Head)
- Eye (Eye of Ender)
- Sword (Iron Sword)
- Shield (Iron Chestplate)
- Creepers turn red when their fuse goes off
- Entities are immune to arrows fired by their rider
- Chickens shed feathers
- Glass drops shards
- Looking down a ladder while not moving or sneaking makes you go down fast
- Recipe to convert slabs back into blocks (dynamically generates)
- Recipe to convert stairs back into blocks (dynamically generates)
- Stairs make 8 rather than 4 (dynamically generates)
- Minecarts are stackable
- Having Jump Boost 2 lets you walk up 1 block high gaps like a horse
- You can knock on doors by left clicking with an empty main hand
- Dragon’s Breath doesn’t leave behind a bottle
- Named snow golems with pumpkins drop player heads if killed by a witch
- Shields are less intrusive and don’t take up 1/6th of your screen while not blocking
- Note Blocks play mob sounds if there’s a mob or dragon head attached to them
- Armor stands have arms when placed by the item
- Baby zombies don’t die in the sun
- There’s a “dropoff” button in the inventory interface, that stores everything in your inventory (not hotbar or armor) into nearby chests
- It prioritizes the closest chest
- If Shift is held, it stores items in “smart” mode, meaning it’ll only store items in chests that already have at least one of that item
- The Elytra can be dyed
- Recipe to duplicate fireworks, like the one for banners
- Emotes system acessible from the chat menu, with 10 emotes
- Yes (nod)
- No (shake)
- Basalt rock in the nether
- Clay generates underground like dirt
- Guardians spawn naturally in the ocean alongside squid
- Big mushrooms generate in swamps
This mod also has out of the box support for the Building Bricks mod.
- wiiv for most of the textures.
- Rorax for the emote icons.
- Weeblord Dylan for the inventory chest icon.
- Reddit user /u/Martwaza for the trapdoor textures.
- Reddit users /u/FelitonC and /u/ origamidragon412 for the banner textures.
- The creators of all the awesome suggestions I found in /r/MinecraftSuggestions that I implemented here.
If you have any problems with the mod or just want to contact me, you can find me on Twitter (@Vazkii) or IRC (#vazkii on irc.esper.net).