Now for 1.8.9!
Check out this showcase by Novius
- Grappling Gun with three separate craftable parts
- Simple point-and-shoot system
- Building animations
- Custom bridge quarter-slabs
- Detection for blocks that are in the way
- Fully server-compatible
- Custom Achievements!
- New string recipe (hint: wool)
- Fancy models (now on 1.7.10 too!)
- Textures taken from loaded recourse pack
- Performance improvements
- Configuration file added with several settable values
- [1.8+] Commands to edit the same values temporarily in-game with “/ropebridge” command
- [1.8+] Ability to build bridges from commands alone, server and client (see Building below)
To craft the grappling gun, three sub-parts must be crafted first:
Hook: 5 iron ingots
Barrel: 6 iron ingots, 3 strings
Stock: 1 flint and steel, 1 gunpowder, 2 iron ingots, 1 string, 2 wood
Now the gun itself can be crafted from the three parts:
To build a bridge, fire the grappling gun just like you would a regular bow. When aiming the grappling gun (right-click), the player’s view is zoomed in and directed in line with a cardinal direction.
Upon release the bridge is built if possible.
The bridge won’t build if:
- There is something in the way (get’s marked with smoke particles)
- The bridge is too steep
- The required materials are not present in the player’s inventory
Note: These restrictions can be turned off in the config file.
If something goes wrong, a prompt will let you know what the problem is and how to fix it. If everything checks out, the bridge will be built from slabs and string found in the inventory. The material of the bridge is determined by the first kind of slab found in the inventory.
You can also build bridges between two coordinates using commands:
/ropebridge x1 y1 z1 x2 y2 z2 [wood_id]
/ropebridge 0 60 0 20 64 0 5
Will build a dark oak bridge from (0, 60, 0) to (20, 64, 0).
Leaving the wood_id blank will build with the default material, oak.
To break the whole bridge at once, simply sneak and break any bridge section with the Grappling Gun!
I hope you enjoy this mod and please don’t hesitate to give me ideas for how to improve it. If you wish to use this mod in a video or include it in a pack, just give credit and let me know!
All Rights Reserved